Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Flickr Now Does Videos

Yesterday Flickr unveiled a new tier to their online sharing community -- VIDEO.

This morning the functionality to actually upload those videos magically appeared

There's some limitations -- no longer than 90 seconds or 150mb and only PRO members can upload...probably to keep the files quick and easy... they seem to include all the features that a photo has (groups, sets, comments, embedding, sizes, etc).

I'm not sure what I think... the content could be more overwhelming than it already is and I don't do much video related ... or will I?

I am curious to see how this affects Flickr community -- will it become divided into videographers and photographers? Will it be like the skiers and snowboarders going down the same run?

1 comment:

RachelDenbow said...

Yeah, I've seen some protest pictures floating around. I think it would be great for tutorials if you can fit your tips in in 90 seconds but other than that, I'm not good with change.