Monday, March 24, 2008

Daisy Pics

March Dreams
March Dreams

I put up two new photos at my Etsy Shop tonight. I haven't sold a single photo yet on that site, but I sold 3 other prints this week to an old friend in Southern California. That's progress!

Since I've chosen to (try to) sell some pics at Etsy, I've quickly noticed that there's a lot of estrogen on that sight. With that in mind, I thought I'd attempt some spring floral shots.

HERES MY PROCESS:
First my wife and I cleared off the kitchen table in order to make room for our family's annual Easter Egg decorating. (pictures of the event here)

At some point, as the kids were being creative with their eggs, I noticed that I had put the cut daisies from our backyard onto the window sill. I liked how the light was shining on them, so I grabbed my camera and snapped a few shots with my macro lens, totally unplanned.

Then I brought an image that I liked into photoshop and I used a "retro" action that I have. Then I used a hi-res brush titled "dirt" to give the image a bit of texture to it. I cropped it at 8x10 at 300 pixels per inch and saved it to the hard drive. I'm happy with the result.

With the second image below, I used a "lomo" effect (action) in photoshop and then used the same "dirt" brush for some texture. Side note: normally I don't use a 3rd party lomo effect, because I'm very particular about lomography, but for some reason I thought I'd 'try' the action and I like the results, although I don't think it's truly "lomo".

Bright Daisy
Bright Daisy

1 comment:

Angela Christenson said...

Nice comment about the estrogen.lol, anyway I love the flower shots, and the stuff you did with them. I will have to check out the dirt action sometime in photoshop. That software has sooooooo much to offer that I don't even know. I've got lots of learning to do.
Good luck on your sales. And I'm glad you like my blog banner.
Just curious.....how does it show up on your screen. Is it normal size, or do you have to scroll sideways to view it? On my computer screens it is normal. But on my boyfriends comp screen at work you have to scroll sideways to view the whole thing. Maybe because it is a dinasour monitor, but I never have that problem when I view other sites on his monitor. Maybe its just a freak thing.

Anyway Rachel noticed that I know you in blog world. She thought that was nice. It was her page that I seen your comment, so for the heck of it ..... I clicked on it.

I'm definately a long winded person aren't I? lol!! Well for 8 hrs. of my day I work with people who don't talk much or there english isn't good. So this is where I get to talk.