Saturday, March 15, 2008

A Test Post


Sarah wasn't feeling too well today. So, I took my kids down to the "Bumpy Slide" park (as it's creatively called).

Sometimes I feel silly at how often I have my camera with me, but I'm glad I was able to catch this image. I think it really says, "childhood".

Original - straight from camera

MY PROCESS:
I chose this over others pics that I snapped because I liked that he wasn't looking at me or the camera. I thought this made the image more interesting. Notice that I used my wide angle lens for this.

First, I cropped, then made some adjustments to the levels. I thought this might be a stronger image if it were more simple so, I manipulated it into a monochrome image and I liked the result. I finished it off by switching to "lab color" and using the "unsharpen mask" filter on just the "lightness" channel... and then changed it back to rgb.

Now I just need a title for the image. Any suggestions?

4 comments:

RachelDenbow said...

I like that he's looking away, too.
No good ideas for a title.
I appreciate the idea of sharing the process as I never know how people get their pics looking the way they do.
Looking forward to more.

Lee Ann said...

I love your black and white swing photo. I especially love how the chains seem to have so much energy in them. Very cool!

JustMeriMaat said...

I really like the droopy flower, and that she doesn't seem to be paying attention to anything. She's lost in thought or something. What cute models you have. :)

Divine in the Daily EJPhotography said...

rachel: glad you stopped by. feel free to ask questions about the process... i'm not sure that i have answers or that my process is 'worth' much, but i'm happy to share.

Ava: the chains - i think i know what you mean about the energy. what I like about them is the angle they are at and how they frame the subject.

Justmerimaat: glad u stopped by - you're right, that flower sure enhances the pic (on a different post) glad u stopped by